I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Lessons learned from my patients

So I worked thurs-sat night this past week and throughly enjoyed it! This ER has an amazing set up and very well ran with excellent resources! But what would be an ER weekend without some very very interesting stories?!

1. Whenever playing donkey basketball, always wear a helmet and try to land in the grass if you fall! 
2. Of course it makes sense to wear steal toe boots but no helmet while riding your motorcycle. Your face may look like it went through a meat grinder, but at least those toenails won't be scratched!
3. Always keep your inhaler nearby for when you smoke weed if you have asthma. That way you don't have to wait till you get to the ER to chill out.
4. A bandaid can fix most things, but if your finger is still bleeding after cutting it open at your reception, you may want to go ahead an come to the ER. I mean, who doesn't want to spend their honeymoon with such great peeps like me?!
5. What a better way to end a date than in the ER? After all your xrays and CT scan, just jump in bed naked with your date. But keep it discrete because security doesn't approve of patients having relations in the ER!

On another note-- I've grown 2 inches since tuesday! I got a scrub top on tuesday and thought this should last me for another few weeks.... WRONG! Saturday it was so tight I could barely put things in my pockets! Time to get some open ones with T-shirts. I had to laugh a little inside when I informed some co-workers that I was pregnant-- I said I don't normally have a potbelly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment