I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter is here and I can't stop sneezing!

Happy to Easter to all! It's been a crazy weekend of moving and getting our place ready. Alan is still working on the flooring and trim while I do my best to organize the chaos around him without being in the way. Allergies are taking every hit they can at me and my little psuedofed just can't quite keep up! Yay for being pregnant during allergy season (next time well try to get pregnant in may so I can avoid it all together)!
We went to our new church today and it was hard not to wish to be back in our familiar church with our friends. But i'm grateful that we at least have a solid church to go to here! Sang a "new" song today that me and alan happily joined in singing:

Oh, to see my name
Written in the wounds,
For through Your suffering I am free.
Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love.
This, the pow’r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross.
I'm excited to see where God grows us in this new church and who we will become close friends with. Alan and I enjoyed a simple lunch together by ourselves that allowed us just to talk over different ideas of how we want our lil man to celebrate easter and christmas and just how each other was doing. I do already feel a new bond with my husband as we move out of familiar territory to a world of unknown. It's not so scary when you Know someone is there with you the whole way and even more so, God is guiding each step.
So far community living has been nice. I honestly hate being in an empty house by myself and so it's been nice just having others around. I expect there to be annoyances in the future, but so far I'm enjoying the company!
Will post pics later of our room and such! 

1 comment:

  1. It was weird with y'all being gone this Easter. But I'm glad that things are starting to settle in at the house in Waco. Your Easter sounds just like mine (well, the sneezing part at least). My Easter was filled with coughing up my lungs and blowing my nose constantly. I think I successfully grossed Daniel out. Too bad for him, he is stuck with me! ;) Anyways, I love reading your blogs. It makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete