I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Priorities and Tidbits from a Nurse

Its still so crazy to me that we've been moved for only 1.5wks-- it almost feels like another lifetime. And isn't it true that when you make big life changes (college, marriage, children) that they don't tend to follow a nice spaced out order? Take for example my marriage: within two months time I graduated college, started working as a nurse and got married. Then there was a lull in time for us to catch up only to get pregnant, move to a new city, and consider different jobs for hubby! Maybe a bit of chaos is good every now and then-- at least it makes you reconsider on what things you thought important during the lull of life.
So what are my priorities? God, Family, Friends, Career. Do I live that? Not really. Do I needlessly worry and fret because of my mixed up priorities? Yes. So what do we do from here? By God's grace, be pulled out of the murk I'm in, be placed upon the firm foundation of Christ, and let others see His grace and salvation in my life (psalm 40:1-3).  Did I mention by God's grace? Just wanted to make sure that was in there a few more times! Thank God I don't have to pull myself out of destruction because I never would or could! I agree with the book of Jude and Piper at T4G, I'm amazed I'm still a Christian!

On a lighter note-- our little man is still growing and I feel those wonderful muscle tearing growths all the time! And his kicks are getting stronger all the time.... and still my husband has yet to feel them! He know's when it's daddy's hand on my belly and calms down right away! Such a good son! Although, with each new story I hear my mother in law tell me, the more I'm ready to buy a leash and extra bubble wrap for when he starts walking! Beware world, He's going to be just like his daddy as a toddler! But, he'll grow up to be such a handsome man with amazing manners who loves his mommy!

Oh ya, a friend asked me about allergies and knowing when to see a doctor sooner or later. So here is my tidbit for all moms and future moms: If you can hear "crackles" or "wheezes" when you put your kids chest or back to your ear, go see your doctor. If you can see you kids chest suck in below the sternum (end part of the ribs) when he breathes in, go to the ER. Other than that, follow the recommendation of the pharmacist and doctor on tylenol, ibuprofen and allergy medications. And please keep up with your kids shot schedule!
There, stepping off my nurse platform and back to normal. And with that, I'm going to go raid the fridge for something sweet! Adios!

1 comment: