I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kerfuffle of Thoughts

*Sigh* Fall is sneaking around the corner and I'm loving it! I do love all seasons, but fall has a special place in my heart... and stomach! Gotta love how pumpkins make it into every food this time of year!

Work was nice the past three days. Here are some of my favorite moments:
  • A patient's kid was crying and the patient told the doctor "He must have an ear infection or tummy ache or something! Why would he be crying? He has to be sick". The doctor turned, look at the patient with a straight face and said, "I believe your child has spoil-n-itis. There is no cure for that". Love our ER docs!
  • It was nice having a hand full of patients that I could joke and laugh with about things. Those always make the day more pleasant.
  • On my way home from my first of three, I stopped by Starbucks to get a drink because I was so worn out and needed something to help me get home! I must have looked pitiful because they gave me the drink for free! I looked at him and said "Really?! Thank you sooo much!" Not many people can appreciate a good cup of coffee besides a nurse who just got off a crazy shift after only having 4hrs of sleep!
  • I stopped to pick up some candy on my last day and was hit-on by the clerk. Nice to feel like my body is slowly returning to it's original shape and glamor! 
But the best thing that happened, was every night after work coming home to my wonderful husband and baby Jonah! I felt so loved when Jonah was being fussy, but when I picked him up, he instantly calmed down and just looked at me! That's right baby, mommy is home!

We recently took some photo's of Jonah-- Alan does such a wonderful job at taking them! Here are my favorite:



I'm already thinking of fall/october photos to take! I see pumpkins in Jonah's future!

On another note, last weekend was the Waco consignment sale and I stocked up! So we are very set on 0-3 months clothes and I'm having so much fun dressing him! I've found that I'm becoming like all those moms I used to laugh at when they would rather buy clothes for their kids than themselves... it's never depressing buying clothes for your adorable baby!

Hopefully I'll be able to start buying new clothes out of necessity because I've lost weight-- We've started on weight watchers and I'm ready to start slimming down! I want to be one of those cute outdoorsy moms that can keep up with their kids and look good doing it. It'll take some time, but hopefully by Christmas I'll be feeling more comfortable in my clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment