I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Thoughts, Hopes and Fears of a New Mom

Thoughts:
Why don't I have a six pack after 12hrs of labor?
Perfect present for new parents: diapers and 5hr energy drinks!
How amazing taking a shower can feel and make you feel like a person again!
Never thought I'd be able to feel my breast "refill" after a feeding.
How victorious I feel after getting a fussy baby to sleep!
Amazed that I feel awake and ready to go after so little sleep.

Hopes:
That Jonah will grow up loving Jesus and his family.
He will excel at everything he wants to do.
He will love his mama!

Fears:
Am I doing ______ right?!
I will never have a waist again.
His life will be filled with troubles.
I will be an overbearing mom.

It can be easy while sitting alone with Jonah to get lost in worries. It takes continued reminding myself of the gospel and who Christ is to not fall into the darkness of fear. So glad my future does not rest in my hands, but in His!

No comments:

Post a Comment