I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A night to remember!

On Tuesday, we celebrated our 2 year anniversary!

The day started late due to running errands and the fact that we like to sleep in! Finally, around 5ish, we went over to the local arboretum to take some photos. It was pretty hot and after about 20min, we had to call the photo shoot cuz we were both sweating pretty bad. Jump in the car to see the temperature outside was 106! No wonder we were warm!
We wanted to make out stay-cation somewhat romantic, so we went to our hotel room to cool down, change and head off to dinner. Enjoyed our mexican food followed by a movie. It was going wonderfully and we were heading back to the hotel when I noticed I was having somewhat frequent contractions. Now, I have the contractions occasionally and that's normal (they don't hurt-- just my uterus prepping for it's big show), but I kept having them. So we got back to the hotel and I was just trying to lay down and drink some water to relax. But after 5 painful contractions in a row, with low back pain and pelvis pressure, we decided to call the doctor!
I have to say, I love my ob/gyn clinic! I just had to call a pager, leave my number, and within 2 minutes, I was talking directly to the on call doctor. He said to come on in to get checked out, so at 12:30 am we drive over to the hospital and pray that we won't need to be calling any relatives anytime soon! Checked in and went right to an actual room because all the triage rooms were full. That was kinda nice because I hadn't been able to go to a tour of the department yet! I was gowned up, hooked up and watching the monitor. After 45min, the doctor came in and checked my uterus to find it still closed! YAY! We were both relieved and the doctor encouraged us to rest and keep an eye out for more intense labor along with discharge.
So at about 2:30am, we got back to our hotel and enjoyed the rest of the night! Things didn't quite go as planned, but it sure made for a rememberable night!

1 comment:

  1. o my gosh, rachel! That must have been nerve wrecking! We haven't even been able to shower you with gifts yet! Stay put, Jonah! Also, I look forward to seeing more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete