I may not be in scrubs all the time, but I never stop being a nurse!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

10 weeks and counting!

That's right! I'm in the final bouts of this wonderful pregnancy! I honestly can't really complain very much about being  pregnant-- I've probably had one of the easier ones from what I've seen or heard!

Speaking of what I've heard, people say the funniest things when it comes to pregnancy! Or even just do funny things. I've been told "You're all belly" (whatever that means!), "Wow, you're 7 months? You look good!" (am I supposed to be a slobbering mess at this time?), "Hmm, you're 7 months? You look so small for 7 months." (well the doc is measuring me at 32 weeks so I'm fine!), "Are you going to work until you deliver? Is that really safe?" (umm I don't know. Is working a top level hospital with the one of the most advanced NICU and Labor & Delivery departments safe? Yes! I just have to hop a ride in a wheelchair upstairs!), "Oh wow, how are you surviving this heat?!" (Well, I drink water and don't do any strenuous activities outside. There is also this new invention called air-conditioning!). One of my favorite moments was when I went and saw "What to expect when you're expecting" movie. There was a group of ladies in the bathroom talking about the movie, pregnancy, and babies. When I came out of one of the stalls, they all went silent and just starred. I kinda felt like I should have said "Ta-da"! I really don't get put out by any of the silly comments. In fact, they just make me smile!

Baby update: He's been kicking, turning and hiccuping like crazy here lately! I don't think I'll have to worry about kick counts being low on this fella! I am measuring at 32 weeks and his heart rate has been perfect. Stretching pains are at an all time low (nice lil break) and I'm just getting more and more excited!

Family update: My grandpa just had a heart cath and found out he needs bypass surgery. I'm super grateful that the doc talked him into doing the cath! Will be praying for him this coming tuesday along with a good recovery!

Now to figure out what to get hubby for fathers day! I think he will need at least one tacky t-shirt! ;)

1 comment:

  1. please keep this up! In fact, do this more often. I wish ya'll were back in Tyler experiencing all of this so I could bear witness!

    ReplyDelete